Get out your crayons — it's time for Prairie Public's PBS Kids Writers Contest!
Submit your stories by March 17, 2023. Find rules and entry forms below.
Each year, children in Prairie Public's broadcast area from kindergarten through 3rd grade are invited to write and illustrate their own stories to submit.
Every entrant is a winner and will receive a Certificate of Achievement.
Top stories win prizes, and are featured on the radio and online.
Prairie Public appreciates teachers for all their hard work and wants to send extra thanks for encouraging their students to participate in the Writers Contest. Each teacher who submits stories from their class will be entered to win a $100 Target Gift Card! (Total of three gift cards will be awarded.)
📚 Read the 2022 First Place and Red Ribbon Favorite stories below 📚
And listen to the First Place winners read their stories on our daily radio show, Main Street!
Red Ribbon Favorites: Kindergarten
- "Cloee and Evrist" by Isabella H.
- "My Awesome Adventurous Future" by Zahra M.
- "Penguingo" by Simeon R.
Red Ribbon Favorites: Grade 1
- "The Yukon Wolf" by Kaylee J.
- "The Koala Who Couldn't Stop Sleeping" by Henry E.
- "Hedgehog and Bear's Valentine" by Asher N.
Red Ribbon Favorites: Grade 2
- "Cookie and His First Friend" by Nanae Y.
- "The Evil Robot" by Daniel C.
- "A Mermaid's Diary" by Hazel R.
Red Ribbon Favorites: Grade 3
- "Larry the Hot Dog" by Azariah O.
- "Shoe Chase" by Haakon N.
- "Cloudy the Pony" by Gina S.