Careers at WUCF
WUCF is home to WUCF TV, Central Florida's only PBS station and WUCF FM, Central Florida's Jazz Soundtrack. Our greatest strength is our people, and their commitment to the public media mission. Working at WUCF makes you part of Central Florida's Storyteller... are you interested in being a part of a diverse, innovative, award-winning culture that thinks big and encourages curiosity? Join us!
FEATURED JOB LISTINGS
While WUCF does not currently have any job listings, we are always looking for the best talent to join our team. Interested in being a part of Central Florida's Storyteller? Email your cover letter and resume to be considered for future openings.
Internships at WUCF
WUCF offers college students hands-on internship opportunities in television and radio production, promotions, social media, and business operations. Internships are held every semester for a select group of students. If you are interested in interning with WUCF, please review the frequently asked questions below.
What factors do you consider when selecting an intern?
An applicant's skills, strengths, academic record, prior experience, career interests and current departmental needs at WUCF.
Are WUCF TV internships paid or unpaid?
All internships are unpaid and must be completed for college credit. WUCF also considers "work-study" students and special academic mentor programs.
How often do you offer internships?
WUCF offers internships every semester in different departments throughout the station depending upon need.
What types of internships do you provide?
- TV Production
- Pre-requisite is TV Practicum (RTV 3942L)
- Radio Production
- Pre-requisite is RTV 4561
- Please go through the College of Education for more information
- Interns on WUCF communications team will learn how to add multimedia content including on-demand/live streaming video, graphics and widgets.
- They will also learn how to market news across various social media networks (like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and more) as well as through the WUCF website and additional communication channels.
- Interns will work with staff and to ensure content quality is received.
- A keen interest in digital storytelling is required.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, social media posting, blogging, and/or nonlinear editing is helpful.
How do I apply?
Download this application and email it here along with your resume and cover letter detailing your career interests, prior experience and why you would be a good fit for the WUCF team.
Applications are considered on a rolling basis for each upcoming semester.
Any additional questions about joining the WUCF team? Don't hesitate to reach out to our HR team.